One of the things I love most about being a Kindermusik educator and the Kindermusik programme is how it supports parents as their child’s most important teacher with the Kindermusik at Home materials. There is nothing I love more than when a parent tells me how a Kindermusik song calmed their baby on a long car trip or a finger play entertained their child while waiting at the doctor’s.
Families tell me every day how they use our music and activities to connect throughout the week. We already know that parents embed Kindermusik into their daily routines and rituals from bath time to bedtime from doctor visits to grocery shopping—the same songs and activities from class can make every moment a learning one and create lasting memories. Anyone else sing the Kindermusik song every time you put your toys away or host an impromptu dance party to your favourite CD on a rainy day?
Parenting just got easier – in class and at home!
Through the newest research and technology, Kindermusik makes sure parents receive the educational tools they need to tap into the power of music to help make parenting easier and support their role as a child’s first and most important teacher. That’s why enrolment in every Kindermusik class includes music and age-appropriate activities for families to use together at home where a child learns best.
Now, with Kindermusik@Home you can easily access your favourite Kindermusik songs, activities, books and lyrics—as well as recipes, learning games for kids, crafts, and more in a green-friendly digital format any time from your smart phone, iPad, tablet, laptop, or computer.
Kindermusik@Home educational activities for children include:
- Music downloads: songs, rhymes, stories and sounds from class
- Literature book in e-book format
- Activity buttons lead to a variety of different activity types such as:
- dance and movement activities
- fingerplay demonstrations
- together-in-the-kitchen activities
- music time
- focused listening games
- video field trips
- find-it/count-it style activities
- ideas for pretend or imaginative play
- and more!
- The Why It’s Good for Your Child area provides parents with the educational insight behind the activities.
- Download Center provides Printable Activity Pages and, Printable Lyrics Pages for all of the songs.
Music2Grow is introducing the new digital home materials starting in 2013 with ABC Music & Me (at Karinya Montessori) and preschool classes at Cooroy Library (Laugh & Learn). Toddler (Wiggle & Grow) and Baby (Sing & Play) classes will follow later in the year and in 2014.