Creativity and Confidence
For your toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, your 2 & 3 year old still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers relish the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new.
Kindermusik Level Two encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while your active participation gives them the security they need to join in on all the musical fun.
About the Classes
Age Range: 2 – 3.5 years
Class Structure: 8-9 classes per term
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Class Size: Class with no more than 12 children with parents
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development — Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play — Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Level 2, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time — Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy — Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities — Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time — Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice — Your Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance your toddler’s complete development.
“So much fun for the kids (and mums!) my boy loves it and tells his dad about his favourite bits when he gets home. He is constantly singing the songs at home too.” – Music2Grow Parent.
“I see the blossoming growth daily in my child with the music and skills she has learnt through Kindermusik and a fabulous teacher.” – Julie M. – Music2Grow Parent.
“I think Kindermusik has given my child a head start in development of motor and social skills. She is more aware of music and movement, she can share and listen effectively. Plus it’s just good fun!” – Michelle P. – Music2Grow Parent.
Missed the start of the semester? No problem, you can join at any time. Come along to a preview in an existing class. Preview class cost is $15 and includes your 45-minute Kindermusik class and CD to take home. The cost of your preview class will be deducted from your term fees when you enrol. Bookings are essential. Contact Verna for more information M: 0415 482 264 or email