Keeping our Classroom Healthy and Happy
The health, safety and well-being of our Kindermusik families has always been a priority for us at Music2Grow. Raising happy, healthy children in a joyful community of music, family and friends is at the heart of what we do.
High standards of cleanliness and hygiene are already in place in all aspects of our Kindermusik program, however we are currently taking additional steps to safeguard your health and comply with COVIDSafe requirements.
Stay at Home When Unwell
You must stay home if you are your child is unwell – especially with a fever and/or cold, flu-like symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever or runny nose. If you or your child are unwell, please contact us as early as possible to advise your non-attendance and book in for a make-up class. Only return to class when you have fully recovered.
In addition, if you have returned from overseas, been to a designated hotspot or been in close contact with someone who has been to a designated hotspot in the past 14 days, please do not attend class.
Wash Your Hands Thoroughly and Regularly
We require you to wash your hands before and after your Kindermusik class and at any time that you are re-entering the room (ie. after visiting the bathroom). Maintaining good personal hand hygiene is the single most effective way to reduce the risk of transmission. A 70%+ alcohol-based hand sanitiser will be available in the classroom for your use. You are also welcome to bring your own personal hand sanitiser to use during class.
Maintain Respiratory Hygiene
Cover your cough or sneeze by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately. Always wash your hands after you have coughed, sneezed or blown your nose.
Physical distancing (or social distancing) is a measure used to limit the transmission of COVID-19 and similar illnesses by reducing exposure between people. The more distance between people and others, the harder it is for viruses to spread.
Music2Grow is capping class numbers to comply with current physical distancing requirements. While we encourage you to interact closely with your own child/ren during class, we ask that you maintain a 1.5m distance from other adult/child pairs or family groups as much as is practical and avoid physical greetings such as hugging, kissing or hand shaking.
Music2Grow has a generous make-up class policy. You can make-up a missed class at any time during a term in which you are enrolled.
There is no limit to the number of make-up classes you can attend and you can attend your make-up class in any age-appropriate Kindermusik class where places are available. Please notify us of your absence by email, call or txt (M: 0415 482 264) as early as practical and request a make-up class. Attend as many make-up classes as you require.*
In the event of teacher illness, a make-up class will be scheduled at a suitable time. We will notify you of the cancellation and the scheduled make-up date.
By the way, our make-up class policy applies for classes missed for any reason, including holidays, family events or work. Please advise as early as practical if you will be missing a class – this will allow us to offer your place to a family requiring a make-up class on that day.
What is Music2Grow doing to mitigate the risk of infection?
- Music2Grow is operating in compliance with a COVIDSafe Plan
- All instruments and props will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each class with an approved disinfectant
- We will clean high touch-points and common use equipment such as tables, light switches and door handles between classes
- Instruments and props will not be re-used in the same session and will be distributed and collected in such a way as to reduce contact
- Family groups will be distanced a minimum of 1.5m from each other for all seated activities and all class activities will be adjusted to reduce instances of contact and comply with physical distancing rules
Thank you again for being partners with us as we implement classroom practices, consistent with advice from health authorities, in order to ensure a COVIDSafe in-person classroom experience and to provide joyful, enriching, quality learning moments for you and your children!
“Well set up class that keeps kids engaged. My child looks forward to music each week. As soon as we arrive she is on a mission to get through the door to start.”– Lucy C.
If you have any questions at all about our COVIDSafe plan please do not hesitate to get in CONTACT.
* Make-up classes can be taken in any scheduled age-appropriate class where places are available. Please contact us as early as possible to book in (at least the day before the class you would like to make-up in). Make-up classes are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. They are not refundable and cannot be redeemed for credit or cash.