At Home Materials are an integral component of every Kindermusik programme from Kindermusik Village to Young Child. So what’s so special about your Kindermusik At Home Materials?
Your baby loves to hear the familiar sounds of “Gee, but It’s Great to Meet a Friend” via CD when riding in their car seat—helping develop memory of a fun kinesthetic, social, and aural experience.
Toddlers enjoy reading “Pete and P.J.” or singing along to “Animal Serenade” at home—boosting their total literacy development by involving every sense.
And, it’s cool to play a 3-note song on the glockenspiel for dad when you’re five years old—building eye-hand coordination, pre-reading skills and increasing self-confidence! Only Kindermusik with Home Materials provides benefits and opportunities such as these and many more!
Make Music Every Day!
Kindermusik is more than just a once-a-week 45-minute class. Unlike most other music programs for young children, Kindermusik is designed as an everyday musical experience. Your At Home Materials provide the tools you need to continue the learning, growing, and musical fun all week long with your child. That’s why Kindermusik puts so much energy into creating high quality At Home materials that are second to none. Thoughtfully crafted sets of materials are purposefully incorporated to provide the most complete and the best possible musical learning experience available for the entire family.
Naturally, the centerpiece of each set of At Home materials is the music. Each home CD includes a powerful collection of music and activities. From longtime children’s favorites to multicultural songs, you and your child are continually introduced to a myriad of sounds, instruments, tones, lyrics, rhythms and more.
Each age-appropriate track on your Kindermusik Home CD is carefully selected in relationship to the overall theme of the various curricula. You’ll find songs for singing and songs for dancing. You’ll hear jazz music, classical recordings and just plain fun songs. From interactive tracks and foot-stomping rhythms to silly lyrics and quiet time lullabies, Kindermusik CDs offer something for everyone. And by utilizing world class, award-winning musicians, the Kindermusik stamp of quality remains unmistakable.
Ideas and music for Kindermusik CDs come from around the globe. Tracks include native folk songs from various countries, as well as many forms of traditional cultural music. Kindermusik recently recorded music from an eastern Indian group that utilizes a variety of delightful instruments that are rarely heard in any children’s recordings.
From Grammy winners to top-flight children’s choirs, Kindermusik leaves no stone unturned in its search for the right mix of music performed by the best vocalists and musicians available. Yet the real benefit comes in creating music that Kindermusik families around the world enjoy and want to play again and again – at home, in the car or wherever they go.
Home Materials—what an amazing tool for busy parents, who have come to expect and appreciate benefits that help make great parenting even easier!
- Play your At Home CD – Children love repetition and the more you play the CD together, the more your child will be comfortable with the songs and activities.
- Use your At Home CD and literature book to add music to your nightly bedtime story ritual.
- Sing to or sing along with your child. Sing to a pet or even a stuffed animal.
- Swing and sway to music, or dance through the water droplets of a sprinkler.
- Record your own songs and listen to your own voices and music.
- Vary your movements and instrument playing. Maintain a steady beat, move to a faster beat, then a slower beat.
- Discuss the music you hear. What does it sound like? What types of instruments do you hear?
- Sing or chant favorite tunes to help pass the time while waiting in line or while sitting in the pediatrician’s office.
- Explore musical sounds with home-made instruments, using boxes and other assorted containers, scrapers, shakers and jingles.
- Attend community concerts and other local musical events to give your child a taste of many types of music.
- Add music or songs to events and activities throughout your day – whether it’s wake-up time, play time, pick-up-the-toys time or bath time.
Most importantly, open up your Kindermusik Family Activity books and journals and expand the music and fun of Kindermusik throughout your week at home!