I am very excited to announce that Music2Grow is extending its offerings for 2010 to include specialist music & movement classes for the child care setting. Classes will be held at Karinya Montessori Children’s House, Cooroy and will be offered to all children enrolled at the centre.
I will be holding free demonstration classes for children currently enrolled at the centre during January as well as a free demonstration at Karinya Montessori’s Open Day on Saturday 9th January 2010.
ABC Music & Me is an award-winning music & movement enrichment program for children ages 2 to 6 created by Kindermusik International and designed specifically for the early childhood learning center. Small-group classes held at the centre create a musical learning environment that is active, engaging and developmentally appropriate. Weekly lessons based around exciting monthly themes will engage your child in dancing, singing, instrument play and literature. Carefully developed multi-level activities and materials, used in class and at home, encourage creative movement, focused listening, singing, vocal play, dancing and exploration as well as hands-on experience with a variety of musical instruments and early exposure to reading skills. And most importantly, it’s fun!
A Glimpse into the Classroom Experience:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
- Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play and turn-taking
For more information about classes and how to register go to the ABC Music & Me page or contact Verna at Music2Grow.