Does your older preschooler love music, singing, dancing and story-telling? Commencing at Cooroy Library in Term 4, Move & Groove is the prefect class for your 4 and 5 year-old!
Strengthening Musical Foundations: Move & Groove taps into your child’s natural creativity and love of music and encourages your child to explore his singing voice, creative sound-making, rhythm patterns and musical notation through songs, storytelling, instrument play, dance and movement.
At this age, big kids love learning and making music with their peers and can now begin to apply what they are learning in different ways. But especially when it comes to music, they need a learning environment that that encourages without pushing. The rich foundation of musicianship which Kindermusik lays has the potential to accelerate later progress on an instrument.
Enrol Now for Term 4! Classes held at Cooroy Library on Tuesday afternoons 1.30pm – 2.15pm commencing Tuesday 6th October.
Class Materials & Fees
- 8 x 45 minute classes (developmentally appropriate curriculum for preschoolers, 4 & 5 years)
- Digital Home Materials (2 digital at home unit themes per term)
- Total $120 (includes all tuition and Digital Home Materials) Pay $50 deposit + 2 x payments of $35 week 3 and week 7
- Earlybird Option (pay in full by 21st September): Total $110
- Optional Take Home Pack: Add $20 (2 CDs of music from class, class story book and age-appropriate prop/instrument)
What you’ll experience in Kindermusik Move & Groove class:
- Play Percussion Instruments. Children are introduced to and play a variety of percussion instruments during class activities. Instrument exploration, ensemble play and steady-beat play-alongs enhance your child’s sense of rhythm, steady beat and melody.
- Focused listening. Children will learn to identify a range of orchestra instruments and their sound qualities, while also gaining an early awareness and knowledge of composers and masterworks in Western arts tradition.
- Read and Write Music. Your preschooler will learn basic music notation, music vocabulary and music history including learning about the various genres of music, composers and cultures.
- Gallop, Skip, Hop and Dance. There will be plenty of opportunities to get those little feet dancing. Movement is crucial to improving large motor skills and to help your child feel the beat in the music. Preschoolers will participate in various group dances and games which will help them learn social cues and expression.
- Sing. In this class, your preschooler will increase pitch accuracy, expand vocal range, improve sequencing and memory recall through singing. Children will also begin singing songs in other languages.
- Listen to Stories. The stories in this older class will frequently help to reinforce the featured musical genre, musical concepts and musical vocabulary from class. This skillfully provides children with different learning styles the opportunity to absorb the new information presented in the lesson.
- Socialize. Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers and are learning to take direction from a teacher. By providing both a peer group during the first 30 minutes of class, and Family Sharing Time during the last 15 minutes, your child gets a balance of his drive for independence, and the still needed emotional security of having a caregiver there. In addition, your little one will gain social skills as they learn to take turns, empathize, build friendships, resolve conflicts and share.
- Pretend Play. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening and movement. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
- Enrolment includes Kindermusik@Home materials. Each term you will receive 2 new downloadable music albums with 15-20 songs, featuring the same music from class. By playing the music at home and in the car, your preschooler will get the repetition needed to acceleration their language development!
- Your Kindermusik@home online materials also include parent information and fun, interactive stories, games and family activities to compliment the learning we do in class further enhancing your child’s growth and development.
Contact Verna for more information M: 0415 482 264 or email