Does your preschooler/early school-aged child love music, singing, dancing and story-telling? Our Music2Grow Short Course is perfect for your ‘big kid’ (4-6 years)!
Move & Groove: Sounds Abound is 4 weeks of music and movement fun. We will tap into your child’s natural creativity, finding many ways to create sound – using our voices, bodies and instruments in class and at home. Join us as we explore rhythm patterns, creative sound-finding and sound-making, graphic notation, and storytelling—because the creative brain is where Sounds Abound!
Our Move & Groove Short Course is the perfect opportunity for you and your child to experience our Kindermusik program for the older child and will lead into the first semester of our Kindermusik Young Child program. (Young Child will commence in semester 2 in an after-school time slot designed for preschoolers and prep-aged children 4.5-7 years).
“Our teacher, Verna Hewitt, does an amazing job with the active little boys in our class. I think my son has learned a lot and enjoys every class. I think it’s a great foundation for appreciating and loving music.” Music2Grow parent of Move & Groove Big Big Kid (4-6 years).
Special Price: $66
Includes 4 x 45 minute classes and digital At Home Materials. First 3 enrolments receive a Sounds Abound take home CD of class music, listening excerpts and verses at no extra charge.
Classes held weekly for 4 weeks commencing Tuesday 17th May, 2016. Community Access Room, Cooroy Library, Tuesdays 10.30am – 11.15am
Enrol Now. Select ‘Short Course (4-6 years)’ and ‘Other Agreed Amount’ for payment.
Kindermusik for the Young Child 1 (4.5 – 7 years)
“It’s fun for the child. They are exposed to different types of music and instruments. Its a great foundation for future music choices. My child can now read music – impressive.” Music2Grow Parent of Kindermusik Young Child student (4.5 – 7 years)
Our Kindermusik class for “big kids” taps into your child’s natural curiosity and creativity and helps them develop the physical, cognitive, language, social & emotional skills to become a confident and resilient life-long learner. Plus it is good fun!
Young children who continue Kindermusik class into early school age will develop a greater capacity for learning and a lifelong love of music. In Kindermusik for the Young Child, your budding musician will be introduced to fundamental musical concepts, notation, and the basics of vocal development. Children explore a wide variety of musical styles and the instruments of the orchestra through group ensemble play, music, games, and stories from many cultures. These classes are a musical learning experience that set the stage for future school success and the transition into formal music lessons.
What you’ll experience in Kindermusik Music Classes for Big Kids
At this age, big kids love learning and making music with their peers and can now begin to apply what they are learning in different ways. But especially when it comes to music, they need a learning environment that that encourages without pushing. The rich foundation of musicianship which Kindermusik lays has the potential to accelerate later progress on an instrument.
- Singing and vocal development – It may sound like a foreign language when a child sings “ta” and “ti-ti,” but this is the language of professional musicians and composers and getting young children ready to read and write simple rhythm patterns.
- Movement — See children dance expressively to music, giving them the practice they need to coordinate their body movements to the sound of music. This kind of musical play not only improves musicianship, but physical coordination as well.
- Reading and writing — Young children will learn melodic notation and identify pitches such as the C, A, and D notes on the treble clef, plus rhythmic notation. Eventually even composing their own music.
- Focused listening — Children will learn to identify a range of orchestra instruments and their sound qualities, while also gaining an early awareness and knowledge of composers and masterworks in Western arts tradition.
- Exploring and playing musical instruments — Authentic percussion, string, pre-keyboard, and woodwind instruments expose children to the many choices for future musical study, and at the same time provide them with the opportunity to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction.
You must be logged in to post a comment.