Does your older preschooler/early school-aged child love music, singing and dancing? Do you want to build their self-confidence?
Our Kindermusik Young Child program taps into your child’s natural love of music and story-telling and helps them develop the physical, cognitive, language, social & emotional skills to become a confident and resilient life-long learner. Plus it is good fun!
We are excited to announce a new Kindermusik Young Child group commencing at Music2Grow in Term 3, 2016:
Kindermusik for the Young Child (4.5 – 7 years)
CWA Hall – 23, Maple Street, Cooroy
Classes commence Monday 11th July, 2016
Kindermusik for the Young Child: Building a Musical Foundation
Using a movement-oriented, small-group approach to music education, Young Child provides a pressure-free developmentally appropriate transition where children can musically succeed before taking on specific instrumental or vocal instruction.
In Kindermusik for the Young Child, your child will be introduced to the fundamental musical concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers. We will explore a wide variety of musical styles and the instruments of the orchestra through group ensemble play, music, games, and stories from many cultures. These classes are a musical learning experience that set the stage for future school success and the transition into formal music lessons.
Children will gain hands-on experience with a range of musical instruments, including the glockenspiel, dulcimer and recorder during the course of this 4-semester pr0gramme. Parents or caregivers are encouraged to attend and share in the learning fun for the last 10-15 minutes of class.
Young children who continue Kindermusik class into early school age will develop a greater capacity for learning and a lifelong love of music.
Our first Young Child semester for 2016 commences 11th July and will introduce the glockenspiel, a beautiful hand-crafted instrument with individually hand-drilled keys for accurate pitch. Children love creating melodies on this delightful sounding instrument.
Click here for class information for Young Child Semester 1
“Kindermusik respects that children need to play to learn. The materials both in the class and for home are wonderful and engaging. The parent information sheets are a great guidance. The gentle approach to meet individual children’s social and emotional needs is also very important to us.” – Music2Grow Kindermusik Young Child Parent (March, 2016)
Click here to enrol now
About the Classes
Age Range: 4½ to 7 years*
Class Structure: 15 classes in a semester
Class Length: 45-50 minute class each week
Class Size: Class with no more than 8 children
Parent Involvement: Last 5-10 minutes of class
What A Parent And Child Will Experience In Class
- Singing and vocal development — It may sound like a foreign language when a child sings “ta” and “ti-ti,” but this is the language of professional musicians and composers and getting young children ready to read and write simple rhythm patterns.
- Movement — See children dance expressively to music, giving them the practice they need to coordinate their body movements to the sound of music. This kind of musical play not only improves musicianship, but physical coordination as well.
- Reading and writing — Young children will learn melodic notation and identify pitches such as the C, A, and D notes on the treble clef, plus rhythmic notation. Eventually even composing their own music.
- Focused listening — Children will learn to identify a range of orchestra instruments and their sound qualities, while also gaining an early awareness and knowledge of composers and masterworks in Western arts tradition.
- Exploring and playing musical instruments — Authentic percussion, string, pre-keyboard, and woodwind instruments expose children to the many choices for future musical study, and at the same time provide them with the opportunity to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction.
Class and Materials Cost and Inclusions:
- 15 x 50 minute classes over 2 terms (developmentally appropriate curriculum for children, ages 4½-7 years)
- At Home Materials (including a music folder with stickers, At Home Cards, a Family Songbook, instrument – wind, string, or pre-keyboard instrument depending on the semester, CD of music from class in a canvas carry bag.
- Total $300 (includes all tuition and Home Materials). Deposit $80 + 4 x payments of $55 due in August, September, October and November.
- Earlybird Option (pay in full in advance): Total $270
* Upper limit is flexible. Children should be at least 4.5 years by the commencement of classes, however special consideration will be given to children who have previously completed 2+ years of the Kindermusik curriculum. Please contact me to discuss the best placement for your child.
Missed the start of the semester? No problem, tuition can be pro-rated for you and the Earlybird discount is still available for payments made in full at time of registration. Contact Verna for more information M: 0415 482 264 or email